Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Familiar Voice


Spyder was able to call me again today. :) He's doing really good. He is homesick, though. They'll be camping this whole next week to put all they've learned to the test. I sent him a letter today and he said that should probably be my last letter (or maybe one more) until he gets to AIT. Because they'll be gone this week and then getting ready for graduation, there won't be a lot of time for mail and there's a chance he might not receive later letters at all. So, I thought I'd pass that message along to wait until I email you all his new mailing address at AIT (Fort Rucker, Alabama). I won't be able to make it out there for his graduation after all. We talked about it and he isn't upset. He said, "Please, it's like graduation from the 3rd grade to the 4th grade. I'd rather you be able to come for my AIT graduation." I am sad that I won't be there for him. He promises he has some friends to be with out there on Family Day. He's excited to be so close to the finish line. And then at AIT he can learn the specialized training for his MOS, which is basically ground control for the Apache helicopters. He'll be really good at that. We only had eight minutes to talk. He misses everyone. He probably won't be coming home between Basic and AIT, he'll just go straight over. But, Christmas is coming soon. (I can almost hear bells.) Oh, and he mentioned he's gotten pretty buff while he's been out there. He loves working out and improving himself in any way. I'm proud of him and I can tell he is proud of what he's accomplished, too.
Well, as always, I'll let you guys know when I know.
Oh, and the picture is Cloud from Final Fantasy - one of Spyder's favorite video game series, so it'll make him happy when he gets home and sees it. :)

No comments: