Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's that ringing?

I got another brief call from Spyder tonight. He's done with reception now and will head to the part of the base where he gets basic training tomorrow. He's gotten checked by doctors and some shots. The penicillen shot had to be in the deriere and he said, "I'm not gonna lie: it hurt." He confessed to making a small noise, but one of the guys was practically yelling. He said the medical examiner looked at the guy and asked, "Seriously?" Our boy is really glad to be done with the reception part, but I could tell he's a little nervous because tomorrow the hard part begins: drill sergeants. The yelling isn't to just to be mean, though. Spydey pointed out that if you can't take someone yelling at you, how are you going to stay focused during a battle? He understands the reasons behind basic training, so he'll do fine. You gotta play the game. It shows them how well you will follow orders under pressure. He'll be able to mail his letters after he gets there and will have a return address. He kept asking how I am. I'd tell him I was good, but he asked me 3 or 4 more times. (He's so cute.) He told me to be strong. (I'm doing my best, but him being gone and having caluclus is not a good combination.) So, we'll hear from him in a few days or a week. It will probably be intense right after he transfers over. He did find out that he might get to come home for a couple of days before AIT and that he'll be here for about 2 weeks at Christmas (though he has to keep in touch with one of his sergeants during that time). That already makes it less difficult for us all than it would have been. Well, you guys, I'll let you know when I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed seeing you off...and are proud of you! Stay strong and true..Wow you have more in common with the big bro than either one of you realize "crazy". We will definately stay tuned in.....
Love ya always..

P.S. Anime...totally you!