Thursday, September 25, 2008

Letter #2


So I just finished a first aid test. Turns out I have homework, as well. (Not nearly as hard as yours, though.) Now I'm pretending to take land-nav notes.
I won't pretend that basic isn't hard, it's just not that hard. There's a lot of soldiers who joined with dreams of glory and grandeur, only to find out how much discipline it takes. The cool thing, though, is that this (my) cycle is the final non-infantry Basic cycle for Ft. Benning. Once I'm done, they will train ONLY infantry. It's actually a historic thing. That, and I found out that Ft. Benning isn't one of the hardest, it's THE hardest. Sure, one guy forgets to end a sentence with "Drill Sgt." and the whole platoon has to run 6 laps, but I don't mind. I just miss you. That's the only painful thing. Everything else to me is just training and inconvenience. 1 less day down until I see you again, you know?
So there are 60 soldiers in my platoon, made up of 4 squads of 15. I have no idea where I was going with that.
I'm sorry I don't get to write much. That should change when we hit white phase. We'll have a little more personal time. Hopefully soon. Anyway, more things I miss than I can mention.
Spyder

There was more mushy stuff that I cut out this time. Mostly he said some of the weird things about me that he misses that I would be embarrassed for you guys to know. Even though this letter was short, it's like I get to take a deep breath when one comes and then I'm holding my breath until the next one comes. I'll let you know when I do.

No comments: