Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lesson 4: Landing On Your Feet

Upon my arrival to work this morning, I set upon my usual routine: Clock in, get my scanner from the cradle-rack-thing, steal a piece of paper from the printer to write my stops down on, leap the belt to my truck and start the sort. Problem encountered: as per normal, the sort started about 15 minutes early. Also as per normal, other drivers had started pulling my freight for me. How nice of them. About half of what was in my stack of boxes thus far consisted of deliveries for a city that I no longer delivered to. Innocent mistake perhaps? No, too many boxes for that. Cruel joke? Not this early in the morning, all the other drivers are well aware of my usual morning-shenanigans disposition. No, that city is once again under my stewardship. Damn them.
That means I have 3 cities and 5 small towns to deliver to. Thrillsville.

In other news, I love my new car. Miss the old one, though. It had a beatability, if you will. I felt free to E-brake it whenever I felt like it. She was tough. I can't do that in the new one. She's to nice, right now.

Also, allergies are hell. And the worst of it is nothing works for me but Ben-a-drill. I love being boring, listless and drowsy. Yes, sir. Only problem is that my sneezing and sniffling tend to annoy certain parties, and I get told to shut up quite often. Kinda like getting slapped for hiccuping...

Yeah, I think I'm done...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog thing is pretty cool. Makes me remember the old days with you. I hope you and Christine are both ok, after the car accident. I feel for you with the raped at a car dealership. I am still cringing and it has been two years. Hope all is well. XOXO Your twin

Spyder said...

If you are who I think, (and I'm pretty sure you are) It's good to hear from you. Feel free to drop a line whenever you like.

Dead Poet said...

HA! Slapping someone for hiccuping! That is now on my things-to-do-before-I-die list.

Anonymous said...

Yes, its me. I come and go as I see fit. And since you plan to exit out of the lovely state of Utah, I think a visit would be a nice thing. Afton and April I am sure would be up for it as well. Just let me know any contact info you want to share. Cell # is still the same.

Spyder said...

I believe I've still got your cell#...may want to send it to my email just in case. If you wish to contact me, I'm in the book. (Whitepages.com if you don't have this area's book.)If they'd like, Afton and April are more than welcome to view the blog as well. I can go back and edit out the swears, if needed.