Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lesson 2: Patience is a Virtue

I work for a fairly well-known courier company. For the sake of avoiding a fun-filled lawsuit I can't afford to defend against, it shall remain undisclosed. What will be disclosed is this company's utter lack of moral standing. Sure, they're all for a crisp, clean uniform, clean shaven appearance, and utter dedication to the cause and country. Sounds like Nazis? Never!

The point is, you have to go beyond how a company presents itself. After all, they're the ones footing the bill for the advertisements to make them more appealing. I myself find it an affront to my intelligence and belief system for them to assume I base 90% of my opinions on image. Granted, about 95% of the general populace is that way, but who the hell wants to be average? I claim I don't, but when it comes down to it, I find I want the same things as those people I make fun of. I want a good job, security, a masterful understanding of exactly what is going on with our economy...

But let's face facts: I didn't know what APR meant until two years ago, and I don't understand equity now. It sounds like a bunch of buzzwords that wealthy real-estate agents throw around at lunchtime at the Red Lobster to sound cool in front of their real-estate buddies, before they all go play some real-estate golf, and then get home just in time to fight with their wives because their wives just dropped $35,000 online for a shit-load of Nordstrom crap that they thought looked good then only wore once because their husbands said they looked "ok".........I am NOT bitter.......

No comments: