Monday, January 3, 2011

At least I tried.

If I don't type this up, I'll forget. Here's the dream:
I'm on a base somewhere in Afghanistan, I think. Might have been here in the states. Anyway. Everything's fine and normal, everyone just talking, or filing, or eating, or whatever. Suddenly and silently, there are a small group of intruders in the base. I don't know why, but all weapons are in a room adjacent to the one I am in, and stored in unlocked weapon racks. They are all locked and loaded and ready to go. So me and a couple other soldiers decide to get to that room.
I only have to make it about 25 feet, and I have a little cover to crawl behind. So I decide to get a look at my enemy. There are somewhere between 3-5 girls. YOUNG girls. Like 15, or so. Russian, I think. They were laughing and joking around. In the dream, no one was taking them seriously. I high-crawled to the arms room alone.
They had seen me, and were suddenly trying to come through the door, which didn't have a lock. (Come on! Really? It's an ARMS ROOM. Stupid dream...) So I just held my body against the door until they went away. Then I started searching the racks for 206, my assigned rifle at the time. After locating it, I found that my sling was caught in the rack, so I lost time trying to free it. Shots began firing. Once I finally got it untangled and switched the lever to semi, I moved to the door. I thought I was being sneaky by peering through the hinge-side of the now open door, but they saw me immediately, and began firing at me. So I put my barrel through that crack in the door and rested it on one of the hinges, and took up a good position. In my dream I actually was looking down the barrel, and I centered my sights on one of the girls.
And then I was killed. As this wasn't an actual arms room, just a temporary one, it wasn't reinforced. Metal doors of this sort can't stop most military rounds. A bullet came through the door and got me. Not sure where. Then I woke up, very slowly, and feeling very washed-warm. It was peaceful in a strange way.
I'm not sure the dream has any meaning, or is in any way prophetic, or anything. I just wanted to put it out there, and get your thoughts before I forgot it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, I have not been to sure how to respond to this, only that dreams are just things your subconcious is telling you. Alot of the interpretation, to me, is based on the emotions or feelings that go along with it. Were you scared, nervous, just thought it odd? Interesting dream though. I think you are just nervous of things to come and the uncertainty of it all. Maybe that is why it didnt make to much sense to you. You're in my thoughts.~twin