Monday, October 4, 2010

Fighting For It

First and foremost, if you have not read Wisp's latest, do so now. Do it. Go on, I'll wait here for you. *looks at watch* .....Done? Ok. Then let's proceed, shall we?

The house that we moved into is SO what I needed. I never understood just how much a place can make you feel...valid. We're finally in a place that Wisp deserves. Every other place we've lived in made me feel so cramped, irritated, and like everything was temporary. Here, though, I finally feel grown-up, you know? Like life can finally make that ever-so-treacherous transition into...dare I speak it....permanence. Like I can finally REALLY unpack.

I know it may be kind of a dumb thing, but the first night we moved in, I realized that I know people that have never been without this comfort. They have never lived in a sketchy, questionable, and unstable life. They went from their parent's house to their own house. Not apartment....HOUSE. I have no respect for these people, as they fail to know true hardship. I respect those who have fought hard for what they have. Those of you who lead an entitled life...you know who you are.

Anyway, this is why I wouldn't change my past for anything. It made me strong, honest, and proud. Kanye West is a moron, but I live by one on his lines: Everything I'm not made me everything I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought it was just me that had those kind of feelings like "I have arrived!" It is amazing how appreciative you are when you struggle for what you get and how hard it is to bite my tongue when those speak that just do not have a clue. I applaude this phase of your life. You have grown up on a long, hard road and definately deserve all the good that is coming your way. Right on! Love U ~twin

Anonymous said...

I love the house; lots of room for "all" your belongings, even as Christine says it all ends up in one room. Glad you're both doing well. My thoughts are with you often (probably that shiver you sometimes feel) and I am proud of your role - the tags go with me a lot, not just on rides. Give 'em hell, soldier!
Love ya... dad