Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lesson 14: Gonna Drink 'Til I Puke And Puke 'Til I Pass Out!

So! I'm not feeling very rant-ish today. I'm sure you're all annoyed, disappointed, and the like. Well, I'm sorry. Contrary to what may have graced the pages of this blog prior, I am in reality quite pleased with my life and it's current direction. I am constantly frustrated by the inadequacies of the management of my workplace, and the customers drive me bat shit... but the rest of it is actually rather enjoyable. How many people can honestly say they like everyone they work with? We all get along. The only ones who doesn't really fit are the station manager, regional manager and resident representative. And it's their own damn fault. I have achieved indispensability in my particular workplace, and I know my cities so well, police have asked me for directions. My superiors are supportive of my military responsibilities. My wife is so much more...okay with all this than I ever expected. She used to shy away from the subject if I ever brought it up. Now, she just seems proud of me. She listens to my stories from drill with unending patience, she attends military functions when she can, it's great. I absolutely LOVE my wife. She's a gamer, like me. We play together all the time. We bond that way. It's one thing of many that we share in common.
We're moving to a more affordable place that is ten times better quality, in a quiet neighborhood. It's really nice. And I hate the cliche "I'm so blessed!" stuff. But you know what? I am. Especially when I choose to notice.

2 comments:

wisp said...

*blushes* I love you, too, puppy.
And I am proud of you. You have such wonderful drive. You work as hard as you can and become one of the best at everything you try. You give your all and you're always trying to improve yourself and move forward. I admire that so much! I love that you won't just accept the mediocrity the world offers but that you strive for more, for the most you can take from life. Never lose that fire. It's one of the most beautiful things about you.

Dead Poet said...

Awwww. . . . you guys are so sweet and all maple syrupy. (it's a word now, yes, yes it is!)

We're glad you're happy with your life, you've worked hard for it.