Thursday, March 18, 2010

Well, as I'm sure everyone expected the delay between posts, I won't say anything more about it. Now then: Christine, Miles, The Army....these are the big factors in my life, currently. My life is beautifully streamlined, and I like it that way. Sort of filling your own glass first, you know? I neglected my own glass for far too long. But it seemed like everyone else drank theirs, or dumped it out so fast, I tried to keep up, but couldn't. I'm finally in a position to get my ducks in a row. (They keep wandering off! They must have ADD. You know, since everyone does, these days.)

Anyway, I've been on Funeral Detail for the last little while, and I enjoy it. It gives me a sense of reverence for those who have lost their lives in pursuit of something larger than themselves. I can only hope that when it's my turn to kick it, I kick it HARD. I want that bucket to ricochet off the moon into the sun and burn up in a brilliant flash......don't I? Upon further speculation, maybe I'm ok with a quiet and dignified exit. To be the one that is ready for the show to end, and is prepared for it. I'll have to give it some thought. Not like I can choose when, where, and how, obviously, but it'll help me with how I choose to conduct the rest of this trip.

For the record: I'm happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound so content. That is so great to hear. No one is more deserving. I understand the whole end of the journey, respect thing. It was one of my most memorable times of life, to take care of those that have lived thier lives and be able to do right by them. It is good to hear from you again. I love you and miss you.~jean

wisp said...

I'm happy, too, baby. And I'm so so happy for you. :-*

Anonymous said...

I was very moved by this, you are a wise young man and we all can look up to you. No one is to blame it is what we learn from the journey and you have got it! All I can say is WOW you should be very proud of yourself John you are taking care of yourself and your precious wife:)
stay happy & healthy.
Love,
Kristy